Saturday, April 12, 2008

All the Fam.

On Saturday we start the morning off with a serious egg hunt. We've got the best Easter bunny around. My mom always fills and hides hundreds of eggs with candy or money.
The kids think a gold dollar coin and a $2 bill are cool, but the eggs filled with pennies are super cool. Clint couldn't put his little jelly beans in his mouth fast enough. When they weren't eating candy they would say, "Money, money, moneyyyy!" We think the boys picked it up from Toy Story. I don't think we're like that at home.













.
Next we color our Easter eggs. Kade has no patience for this. He just wanted to throw in the egg and take it out and then it was the next eggs turn.















Then we clean up and get ready for the whole Brown clan to show up. Once everyone arrives we have pot luck lunch and then it's time to roll the eggs down the giant hill! Clint was content rolling his down a little wash so we didn't bother packing him up the hill. He rolled his eggs at least a dozen times. When his carton was empty he'd beg, "Again, again, again." We'd pick them up and repeat, repeat, repeat. Kade thought hiking up the hill with Dad was pretty cool. Once his eggs were gone he was just as happy to slide down the hill. He made Mom go up with him one more time so he could re-throw some eggs that hadn't fallen apart. While we were up there my dad's brother, who is 70 or so, climbed the BIG hill and then rode the snow sled down the hill. I thought for sure this was not a good idea. He did fine though, but no one got it on film! Kade loved the sled and I'm sure in years to come he'll go up and down on it a million times with all the cousins.
After everyone has had their fun with the hill we start doing some skeet shooting. Darryl and I haven't stayed for that part since we moved to Heber. We usually start the trip home about that time. It is always so great to see my extended family and catch up with them all. I've really got a great family. Like I said, Great-Grandma Brown has a wonderful leagacy.

4 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

I still can't get over Clint. He looks like a different kid every time I see him lately. Wow, he has grown up. You girls from that area sure know how to celebrate Easter in the sand!

Stacie Aho said...

Oh my goodness Jenn, you are so sweet, really. I must say- you are looking HOT these days! I see you've been straightening your hair more... and the highlights are so pretty.
Your boys are so dang cute. I feel better that Clint still takes a paci, MJ loves his!

Dani said...

That is our easter tradition- to e tee-. Funny how its so big where we are from and that everyone not raised in the country doesn't get it.

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun. Easter is so fun with kids!