Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Half truth


Well my little guys did it again; They always seem to make me smile when I need to scold them.

They love to play in the rocks in our flower beds. We don't mind as long as the rocks don't end up in the grass or down the window wells. I've gotten after Clint a million times for throwing rocks down the well grates. Kade's fairly obedient and doesn't do it.
Today they went out to play and immediately Clint throws rocks down the holes. I got after him and told him, "Don't throw rocks down there or you'll have to come in the house!"
I went back to sweeping and I hear what sounded like rocks dropping down the window again. Since I didn't see what was going I asked Kade, "Did Clint just throw rocks down there again?"
Kade responded so honestly, "No. He's just spitting 'em." I watched unnoticed and sure enough Clint would put a rock in his mouth and spit it down the grate.

3 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

That's one way to get around throwing them!

Jenny said...

So inventive of Clint! When I saw the title of Half Truth, I thought to myself, looking at the picture of the boys..."Jenn you did not tell the boys that a pile of Rocks is a sand box!" So funny, spitting rocks is way better.

Rachel said...

so dang funny
your boys can figure out anything!