Saturday, April 19, 2008

Crazy Fun!

Today felt like 'my day.' After I put the kids down for a nap I ran to the local event center to watch a couple of my young women, and some neighbors at the state tumbling meet. It brought back fun memories of my days flipping. While there a friend called to see if I wanted to run up to the Scrapbook Expo. Darryl was home working on hooking up our secondary water so I figured it wasn't an option for me to go play. Him working so hard and having to tend the boys. Well, he said he'd make it work if I wanted to go. I've never been so I was curious. We went and had a good old time. It was crazy to see people buying 10 shadowboxes, just because it was a good deal. My great find was a cute tin 'Family' sign for my $5 Bunco prizes! They're always tough to find.
Thanks to my love for being such a great daddy and for letting me have a 'me day.'

8 comments:

K'Brina Colby said...

Ohh.. I am so jealous. My sister and I were just talking about how we would have loved to go to the scrapbook expo. Thats part of the downfall of living all the way down here. Your family is so cute.

Dani said...

"Me" days are so important every now and then. Glad you had a good one.

bonnerbunch said...

Do you do alot of scrapping? We should get together and have a scrapbooking day with all of our neighbors that want to & have the kids play! I did it once with some friends a long time ago and it was a fun time, and you can get alot of good ideas from everyone else! Plus it's a good way to catch up! I am excited for your modbe party tomorrow!

Rachel said...

Dang, I forgot about that party!!!!

I had a me day a few weeks ago, it was wonderful. What a nice change it is and we sure seem to love it.

Jenn said...

Mandy,
I don't scrapbook as much as I need to to catch up. With the boys getting a little older it will be easier-- I hope.
That would be fun to have a neighborhood scrap day!

Autumn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Autumn said...

t has been quite the change for me! Going from doing and going where ever I want to be stuck in one room! I appreciate Dustin giving me my "Sanity" time! Glad you got to have a "me" day!

Adree said...

It really was good to see you also. I wish that we would have had a minute to chat. It was a little crazy. I ended up buying 25 of those signs for neighbor gifts for christmas and also for my visiting teacher and partner.