Sunday, April 6, 2008

China Trip

Well I've been gone for a while and then getting settled for a while too so now I will begin back logging the past two weeks.

We went to CHINA! How bizarre is that? Back in Oct. 2007 Darryl and I were just cleaning up after dinner when he said, "Hey we might be going to China." WHAT???? I couldn't believe and I didn't believe it until two weeks ago when I was IN China. The Cedar City Chamber of Commerce sponsored a trip and we were invited by some friends from Cedar. Though China wasn't our dream vacation destination it was a trip of a life time we couldn't pass up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting to China was an adventure. We started the journey Monday morning March 24th. We had dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa Bosshardts and then the travel and wait started. Travel 2 hours to Cedar City; wait 8 hours for the tour bus; travel 10 hours to Los Angeles airport; wait 8 hours for our flight; travel 15 hours to Shanghai, China; wait for our connecting flight for 3 hours; travel 2 hours to Beijing, China. Finally 48 hours later we're in CHINA and in bed! This is a picture of Darryl and I with Terri the night we left Cedar City. He was Darryl's boss when we lived in Cedar City. He is a super guy and it was great to be on the trip with him.

2 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

How awesome you got to go to China!! That is really cool. My dad goes there a lot for business and says their massages and pedicures are dirt cheap and they won't let you tip them. Did you get any??!

Jenn said...

I answered your question in the post I did today. You're right the massages are DIRT cheap! I'm still kicking myself for not taking advantage of it!!!