Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hogle Zoo

I don't know who was more interested me or the kids for this one. Believe it or not but I've lived almost 30 years and never been to a zoo. To say the least I was really looking forward to our day at the zoo today. My brother and his wife were up here for a business conference so she wanted to take the kids and go to the zoo. My sister came too with 2 of her boys. It was so great to go do something fun like that with the family. I have to say I was so shocked at how my kids responded to the animals. I thought Kade would just be so thrilled with them, but he was more worried where Kylee was and he only commented on the "cool water falls" and ponds at each exhibit! Clint laughed and was pretty excited with a few of the animals, but not the level of enthusiasm I anticipated. Maybe they're just too young to get it right now. Who knows. They had fun on the little train ride.

At the entrance the thought crossed my mind of not buying a ticket. Kade was loving this waterfall. He seemed content to stay there the whole day.


Once inside he found a new piece of water entertainment that I think was his favorite part of the zoo.
All of the cousins at the zoo. Porter, Jaxon, Clint, Kade, McKylee.
At the white alligator exhibit Clint kept growling, "Rrrraaarrrrrrrrrr."

The cousins on the gold tiger. They just spotted the real tiger walking around so they all pointed.

Like I said Kade was just happy to play with Kylee.


Bobbie told us Kylee had asked that morning, "Will my best friend Kade be there?"


The train ride. Hmmm where's Kylee? Oops!


Porter was so tired at the end of the day while everyone played with the water ball one last time he grabbed his blankie and settled in for a nap.

4 comments:

K'Brina Colby said...

How fun! The little picture of them all growling, sitting on the lions. I love it!

Rachel said...

to heck with the animals when there are cousins!!

Hi Lisa Brown!

Looks like a fun day Jenn, I have been meaning to go to the zoo all spring, more for me than for the kids!

Jenn said...

Rach, I was suppose to tell you, for Lisa Brown, that she reads your blog everytime she works. She said cries laughing every time.

Stephanie said...

Hey Jenn,
We need to get together again. Do you have any plans to come this way anytime soon?